- when you realise that what you are doing has started to hurt more than help
- when the passion has died and doesn't seem to be coming back
- when it feels more compulsive than enjoyable
- when it doesn't interest you anymore
- when it starts to lose meaning and stops making sense
- when it's taking up more energy and time than it warrants
- when it starts to feel out of your own hands
- when you realise it's taking you further and further from where you want to be going
- when it's causing sleepless nights and restless days
- when the "get up and go" feeling...got up and went
- when you face it with dread rather than hope
- when you reach limits that aren't possible to break through
- when no matter how hard you try, you realise there isn't anything more you can do
- when your health and happiness becomes compromised
- when it becomes a 24/7 obsession rather than a pleasant past time
- when you worry more about what people are thinking rather than staying true to yourself
- when holding on is more painful than letting go
This isn't related to anything in particular right now, just some thoughts/ideas that have been bouncing around my head- more so lately as 'life' has gotten busier and my priorities are being assessed (and reassessed!). I'm trying to prise things apart and figure out what is 1) important, 2) enjoyable and 3) what is taking up my attention/focus right now that is okay to let go of. I hate the idea of "quitting"- I like to think I can juggle a zillion things at once and somehow keep everything balanced in a nice pie-chart format. That's not working out very well so I am working on accepting that sometimes there are things that I need to just let go. My dad calls this a "strategical retreat"- cutting your losses and backing out whilst you can. I still see it as 'quitting' and prefer to stick with it and hope that things work out.
What are your thoughts on giving up/quitting if it's something that isn't working for you anymore? Do you find it easy to do?
The bar was amazing! Such a great oatmeal topping, especially with the blueberries and yogurt. Why have I waited so long to try the coconut and almond combinations I've seen on so many blogs?! (note to self: copy more bloggers- these guys have GREAT taste!) I am rapidly falling in love with the hot oat/cold yogurt bowls!
I've had this sitting in my fridge for ages and have been looking forward to trying it since it's so popular amongst bloggers.
I REALLY wanted to like it. Ccinnamon is one of my all-time favourite spices and I love the short ingredients list (if something has a list that I can read straight through without needing to stop for a break, I LIKE it), but the flavour was strange...spicy, sweet and not what I was expecting. Not a bad thing since I can't get these bars easily and am glad I don't need to add it to my list of stuff to stock up. I do find it weird how I can tolerate such high levels of artificial sweeteners, but I find Larabars INCREDIBLY sweet. Anyone else find this? Or am I just weird? Heh... Does anyone else keep their Lara bars in the fridge?
Hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start!