I am fully aware that my thinking right now is irrational. I am not acting on these thoughts- hell, there's not much I can do right at this moment. There's nothing I even want to do/have an urge to do (except write, obviously!)
I have been trying to distract myself by thinking about the human body as a whole. All the amazing things it does- some we are conscious of (thinking, feeling, etc), some we don't see/feel (cell production, osmosis, all that biology malarkey).
Did you know...
- In one day, a human sheds 10 billion skin flakes. This amounts to approximately two kilograms in a year.
- Every square inch of the human body has about 19,000,000 skin cells.
- Every hour one billion cells in the body must be replaced.
- The human body makes anywhere from 1 to 3 pints of saliva every 24 hours.
- The human body has approximately 37,000 miles of capillaries.
- The aorta, which is largest artery located in the body, is about the diameter of a garden hose.
- The adult human body requires about 88 pounds of oxygen daily.
Edited to say: the focus of my blog has changed quite a bit since starting (more so in the recent couple of months) and I thought a new layout was needed. Plus, if I am including pictures, I have a hard enough time taking decent ones without them having to "match" a bright pink background! Let me know what you think!